- Three way anti-cramping action
- Improves lactic acid tolerance
- Improves Muscle Endurance
- Strengthens Tendons
- Suitable for Men and Women
MUSCLE CRAMPING IS COMMON AMONGST ATHLETES, AND MAY HAVE SEVERAL CONTRIBUTING CAUSES. THE MOST COMMON OF THESE INCLUDE
- Under training (relative to race pace)
- Incorrect training (using a different posture, muscle groups, maybe using different training vs. race equipment etc)
- Insufficient fluid intake (less than 750ml per hour). This is also common as the excitement & pace of competition means less fluid consumption
- Sudden changes of pace
- Electrolyte imbalance in the blood plasma
- Exercise induced free radical damage in the muscles
- Muscle inflammation during prolonged exercise
Any one of these (or a combination) can act as triggers for severe muscle cramps.
The first four need to be addressed through training and race planning / discipline. The last three are however linked to nutritional intake and this is where FiT AntiLac MSM™ is designed to provide relief. This highly effective formula has been developed to act against cramping and lactic acid build up through a multi-pronged method.
- Providing anti-oxidants to block exercise induced free radical muscle damage
- Boosting intra-muscular levels of important minerals & electrolytes
- Providing a natural anti- inflammatory / pain relief / lactate buffering action
- Promoting stronger connective tissue growth
Some university studies have shown that MSM may improve an athlete's aerobic threshold, thus delaying and reducing the build up of lactic acid in the muscle. MSM is also believed to help relieve arthritis pain & inflammation, while also assisting in collagen production. This helps to promote healthy cartilage and connective tissue growth, essential for maintaining the strength and flexibility of cell walls, while allowing fluids to pass through more easily. It can also help with glucose metabolism (the conversion of energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins into ATP), which provides the muscle cells with food.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful anti-oxidant, which is both water and fat-soluble and therefore able to protect against free radicals both inside and outside the cell structures. It is also unique in its ability to rejuvenate the metabolism of other anti-oxidants such as glutathione and Vitamins C and E and may improve insulin sensitivity and efficiency. Together with Vitamin C, Alpha Lipoic Acid helps detoxify the body and neutralize harmful free radicals whilst also assisting with maintaining the immune system.
While FiT AntiLac MSM™ is most effective for those involved in endurance sports, such as Runners, Cyclists, Swimmers and Tri-Athletes, its synergistic mechanisms have everyday benefits in helping boost athletic performance for athletes of all disciplines
GENERAL HEALTH / LONG TERM JOINT RELIEF
4 to 6 capsules per day (divide into 2 doses per day)
Severe cases - 6 capsules per day, commencing 3 to 5 days before the event. Take 4 capsules about 1 to 2 hrs before the start.
Take 2 x 3 capsules on the day before the event and 3 capsules 2 hrs before the start.
VO2 MAX IMPROVEMENT
Use daily - 3 capsules an hour before training and 3 capsules directly after training. An additional dose of 3 capsules may be taken at night if required.
10 capsules included in FiT Big Five Combo™ pack
Methylsulfonylmethane, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Ascorbate, Potassium Citrate